- Urban Health
- Cities are major economic hubs and much of the population in the future is expected to inhabit urban areas rather than rural areas. Rapid development and growing socioeconomic pressures in cities may lead to a greater vulnerability to environmental changes that can negatively affect the health of its populace. We conduct epidemiological studies to investigate the links between urban health and environmental changes (e.g., urban heat island and air pollution), and to identify the possible moderating effects of individual and socioeconomic factors that can modify these relationships.
- Choi HM, Lee W, Roye D, Heo S, Urban A, Entezari A, Vicedo-Cabrera AM, Zanobetti A, Gasparrini A, Analitis A, Tobias A, Armstrong B, Forsberg B, Íñiguez C, Åström C, Ng CFS, Indermitte E, Lavigne E, Mayvaneh F, Acquaotta F, Sera F, Orru H, Kim H, Kyselý J, Madueira J, Schwartz J, Jaakkola JJK, Katsouyanni K, Diaz MH, Ragettli MS, Hashizume M, Pascal M, Ryti N, Scovronick N, Osorio S, Tong S, Seposo X, Honda Y, Kim Y, Guo YL, Guo Y, Bell ML. Corrigendum to Effect modification of greenness on the association between heat and mortality: A multi-city multi-country study. EBioMedicine. 2023 Jan;87:104396.
- Yamasaki L, Nomura S. Global warming and the summer olympic and paralympic games: a perspective from the Tokyo 2020 Games. Environmental Health and Preventive Medicine. 2022; 27(0): 7.
- Iwaki Y, Rauniyar SK, Nomura S, Huang MC. Assessing factors associated with TB awareness in Nepal: a national and subnational study. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 2021 May 12;18(10):5124.
- Sera F, Armstrong B, Tobias A, Vicedo-Cabrera AA, Åström C, Bell ML, Chen BY, de Sousa Zanotti Stagliorio Coelho M, Correa PM, Cruz JC, Dang TN, Hurtado-Diaz M, Van DD, Forsberg B, Guo YL, Guo Y, Hashizume M, Honda Y, Iñiguez C, Jaakkola JJK, Kan H, Kim H, Lavigne E, Michelozzi P, Ortega NV, Osorio S, Pascal M, Ragettli MS, Ryti NRI, Saldiva PHN, Schwartz J, Scortichini M, Seposo X, Tong S, Zanobetti A, Gasparrini A. How urban characteristics affect vulnerability to heat and cold: a multi-country analysis. Int J Epidemiol. 2019;48(4):1101-1112.
- Stickley A, Ng CFS, Watanabe C, Inoue Y, Koyanagi A, Konishi S. General thoughts of death and mortality: findings from the Komo-Ise cohort, Japan. Epidemiology and Psychiatric Sciences. 2019 Dec;28(6):662-669.
- Stickley A, Ng CFS, Inoue Y, Yazawa A, Koyanagi A, Kodaka M, DeVylder JE, Watanabe C. Birthdays are associated with an increased risk of suicide in Japan: evidence from 27,007 deaths in Tokyo in 2001- 2010. Journal of Affective Disorders. 2016; 200: 259–265.
- Yamamoto T, Hashizume M, Kichikawa Y, Kyo H, Kondo H. A survey on attitudes and practice concerning international health. Japanese Journal of Public Health. 2001;48:963–968.