In accordance with regulations including the University of Tokyo Rules for the Handling of Personal Information, etc., the Department of Global Health Policy at the Graduate School of Medicine, the University of Tokyo (hereinafter referred to as “GHP”) strives to protect personal information based on the policy below.
For details on the abovementioned rules, see below:
The University of Tokyo Rules for the Handling of Personal Information, etc. (PDF)
- 1. Collection of personal information
- GHP uses lawful and fair means to collect personal information for administrative purposes only and within the scope of the purpose of use.
- 2. Use of personal information
- Except in cases when prescribed by law, GHP will not use collected personal information for uses other than the intended purpose of use, and will not provide this information to a third party, without the prior consent of the individual(s) involved.
In addition, when prescribed by law to provide personal information to a third party or entrust the handling of personal information to a third party, the University will conduct a strict investigation of the third party, including of its capability in securing and managing the personal information involved, and will appropriately supervise the third party’s handling of this information.
Personal information collected via this site may be used for the following purposes:
(1) The operation, maintenance and management of this site
(2) Handling inquiries received through this site
- 3. Management of personal information
- In addition to appropriately managing collected personal information, GHP strives to protect this information. GHP takes necessary measures, including those related to information security, in order to prevent the loss, destruction, falsification and leakage of personal information.
- 4. Disclosure, correction, suspension of use and deletion of personal information
- In accordance with the rules and regulations regarding personal information, and within a reasonable period of time and scope, GHP will swiftly handle requests received from individuals for the disclosure, correction, suspension of use or deletion of their personal information collected through this site, once GHP has confirmed the individual’s identity.
- 5. Compliance with laws and other regulations
- While outside of the scope of the adequacy decision based on Article 45 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), GHP will strictly adhere to laws and regulations regarding the protection of personal information, as well as strive to improve this policy by continually reviewing its contents.
- How to contact us
- Inquiries about the content of this page