- >G20 Public Health Emergency Simulation Exercise: Mass Gatherings
G20 Public Health Emergency Simulation Exercise: Mass Gatherings
During the Group of 20 (G20) Okayama Health Ministers’ Meeting on 19-20 October 2019, a health emergency simulation exercise was conducted with participating Health Ministers and senior officials. The aim of the exercise was to raise awareness of health security during mass gathering events that are often hosted in many of the G20 countries.
The content of the simulation exercise was developed collaboratively by the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare of Japan and the Department of Global Health Policy, Graduate School of Medicine, The University of Tokyo, thanks in part to the funding of Health Labour Sciences Research Grant from the Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare.
The material used during the actual simulation is made available, along with a user guide, to those intending to run a similar exercise to explore core issues in global health crisis management during mass gatherings.
You may access the materials from the following links:
- Simulation Exercise Guide (Download– PDF, 1.7 MB)
- Films (Link to YouTube Filmlist)
- Briefing Package (Download – PDF, 1.3 MB,)
- PowerPoint Presentation (Moderator’s card)(Download – PDF, 1.8 MB)
- Summary of exercise sessions sub-scenario (English) (Download – PDF, 267KB) (Japanese) (Download – PDF, 145 KB)